1.29.2010

They can't all be good

I had a day of bad running karma yesterday. Sometime mid-afternoon, I had some GI issues and I won't elaborate any further. I probably should have skipped the trail run. But a couple friends said they would be there, so I decided to suck it up. Well, said friends had stuff come up and couldn't make it, but a communication error meant some random person ended up with a voicemail that goes something like this: "Hey Sam, we can't make it tonight. Have fun at Rocky next week!" So we started late, I wasn't feeling well, and about 1 mile in, Bam! I took a hard digger and landed on my knee. No real damage other than scrapes and bruises. It jarred my right hip and I landed on the perfect spot which made bending my knee painful. Needless to say, we called it quits early and stopped by a restroom on our way out. I'm sporting a few nice bruises today and hoping my next run will be smoother.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Bummer, that does not sound like a fun run at all. I hope the runner gods change their tunes and bless you with better running days in the coming future!