1.17.2010

Busy Week!

So far, it's been a pretty good training cycle for me. I've gotten three 10-12 mile runs in just the last week. Yesterday, MO and I averaged sub-9 min/mile for a 12 mile run. I'm looking forward to 20 at Rocky with Jenn. If I can do 12 at less than 9 min/mile, a run/walk combo and average pace of 12 min/mile should not be a problem. I'm really looking forward to the warmer temps, too. Everything is finally starting to melt, so I'm hoping the trail will be clear enough that KM and I can put in some "fast" miles. Although at this point, anything faster than 9 feels like I'm flying. Ouch.

I put another 3000yd day in the pool this morning and I've got a 2 hour spin planned for this afternoon. The spin will be interesting since I was already exhausted from the pool. But I'm looking forward to trying out my new bike fit. If all goes well, I'll do a detailed post about my fitting. It was a great experience and probably the best $75 I've invested into this sport. Fingers crossed my tushy is as impressed as I was...

Rocky is fast approaching and NOLA is 16-17 weeks out. After Rocky, I plan on starting brick workout on the weekend and I'll keep my long runs at 12 miles or 2 hours. Still no racing plans for after NOLA. If it goes well, I may try Kansas 70.3. If I'm slower than expected, I may wait until Sept for another 70.3. Even though I'm not 28 yet, I feel like the clock is ticking. I think if I ever want to try to be really fast, this year and next year is the time to do it.

No comments: