5.17.2012

Where do I begin?

At the beginning, I suppose.  It was a Sunday night and John made a romantic dinner for the two of us.  Oh wait, we don't need to start that far back.  Sorry, you don't get those details.

I found out on March 8 and I had a little bit of a meltdown. Ok, I freaked out in typical Sam-fashion: complete withdrawal.  I didn't even tell John.  I went to bed early that night repeating "Everything will be OK, everything will be OK".  The next day I was in Lawrence for work so I ducked out of the conference early and went to the River Trails for an 8 miles run.  What else was there to do?

The run helped and by the end I felt slightly less terrified and a little more at peace.  Don't get me wrong, this was planned but the idea of kids versus the actuality of having kids are two completely different things.  I went home and told John.

Luckily, thankfully, John was and has been totally excited.  I don't think the two of us could both be terrified; that would be a disaster.  He's already planning zoo trips and experiments.  His excitement has definitely helped me to be more excited and less petrified.

Remember that 3.5 mile 5k I ran in March?  I was pregnant.  8 miles at Brew to Brew?  Yep, pregnant.  So I'm still working out, but I'm honestly a little nervous about broadcasting my workouts just because I know people tend to be pretty opinionated when it comes to what pregnant women should and should not be doing.  There is very little guidance but a whole lot of wives' tales.

Now you're all caught up and I'll have plenty to post about.  I promise nothing too personal or gross, but poop stories are always on the table.  I was in to the dr. today and Baby K's heartbeat was around 160 bpm.  Sounds like a good tempo run to me!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I remember that panic feeling. I went through the same thing but I wouldn't change one minute of raising my son.

You do what works for you. No one has the right to dictate to you the workouts you should be doing. You are the only one that knows your body and that of your baby.

Good luck through this process! You are going to be a great mom!