5.12.2012

Running with the Cows and....

This morning was the Running with the Cows half marathon.  John and I both ran.  It was a decent day but it got pretty hot towards the end.  We ran it in 2:06, which is not my slowest half (Olathe - 2:12, one day after giving blood.  Not my smartest move).  But I have a good reason for taking it easy, the best reason actually.

Drum roll please!

Surprise!  I'm 14 weeks pregnant.

So I actually have a ton of crap to catch up on that I haven't been able to write about.  Last Tuesday for example.  And the full reason behind going gluten-free.  And all of the weird things that happen when you're pregnant.  Hmm, maybe I should put a disclaimer that my blog is taking a turn towards motherhood.  Still mostly about exercising and eating, but I don't exactly know where this is headed.  Consider yourself warned.  But I promise nothing too disgusting.

I have gotten the green light from my OB to do "pretty much anything you want".  Since I've been doing this for so long, they just told me t0 1) Stay hydrated 2) Listen to my body and 3) No speed work or really hard effort that will cause me to overheat.  And of couse, I'm not moutain biking or rock climbing.  Those things can wait.

Thank god for that advice though, because if I had to follow what most pregnancy books and websites recommend (a brisk 20 min walk every day) I think I would stab someone.  Maybe I should keep homicidal thoughts to myself now that I'm going to be a mother.

Weird.  I'm going to be a mom.  It's weird even to type.

Anyway, as you could probably guess, we already had a scare and I'll get into that later.  But as far as we know, everything is OK and the Peanut already takes after Mom.  Peanut doesn't sit still for very long.  But because of the scare, I have a ton of ultrasound pictures from weeks 11, 12, and 13.

I also think I win the "Best Mother's Day gift" award.  We sent John's mom an ultrasound picture of her first grandchild.  (My mom already has 3.)  

13 weeks

High five, Dude!

Power to the People!!

Pretty darn cute already.  You just don't want to see them from the front - looks more like an alien.
I also made gluten free sugar cookies to tell the neighbors and they turned out absolutely amazing!  Better than regular cookies.  My one neighbor didn't believe I made them and thought I had to have bought them somewhere.  Yeah, that good.  Don't mind the orientation, for whatever reason blogger keeps importing it sideways.



4 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations! :)

Christi said...

I am so happy for you! That is great news!

Congrats and have a great Momma's day!

Indi said...

Congratulations!!! have a great Mother's day

~Jess said...

Congratulations!