12.18.2009

Fun runs!

This has been a good week for running! On Wednesday, the gang above went out to see the Christmas lights and put in about 6 miles. Afterwards, we went for burgers and beer. The run was good, the food was great, and the company was even better! It's nice to have a social run as a break from regimented training.

Thursday night, John and I went out to Wyco for the weekly run except we were the only ones! Actually, it was kinda nice. We only did 4, but I put in a fast four and it was the best run I've had out at Wyco in months! It reminded me why I love that park so much.

Then today I finished a hellacious project at work and had my 40 hours in, so I took off at 2:30 and went for a run during daylight hours during the week! And the sun was out!! Since KM was out of town this week, I didn't do any morning speedwork. So today I did mile intervals this afternoon. Actually, it was 10 min intervals since I don't have a GPS and 10 min increments is easier to keep track of than 8. Other than I could have used another layer, I had a great run. I came home and stretched and now I'm debating if I should spin or not. Tomorrow I'm spinning 2 hours, so maybe I'll skip it. It's almost Christmas, why push it?

Next week we're up in WI, so no swimming or spinning, but I am hoping to get at least 5 runs in, including a long run of 10-12 miles on Monday. Of course, Friday will be a rest day. Merry Christmas and safe travels!

No comments: