11.16.2009

Progress

Well, I am happy to report that I have now ran over 5 miles without any pain! Woo hoo! This weekend, I'm going to run for an hour and see how that goes. I may try for 6-7 miles on Thursday, depending on the weather. While it's nice to be working upwards, I am feeling out of (running) shape for sure. Although I've noticed whenever KM and have an "easy" run, we never actually take it easy. I think we both like running fast too much. That's why she's a great friend and running partner - she never lets me slack off! I need to keep adding miles. I read today that it's only 11 weeks until Rocky and I've promised JB to pace. It will be my first time pacing, her first 100 and I definitely don't want to disappoint. I would love to offer her 40...

I finally joined a pool and have had some fantastic pool workouts. I put in 2500yd on Saturday, with some hard sets in the middle, sprints towards the end and a couple hundred yards of breath control. I was getting some funny looks at the end of my sprints. Apparently I was the only person swimming until my lungs were screaming. It's a good feeling. :)

I am still procrastinating on signing up for NOLA. I'm waiting for life to settle down a bit, but I should know by now that never happens. I should just take the plunge. That's what all this swim training is for, right?

1 comment:

Sam said...

Glad to hear running is going well and well done with the swimming!!

Looking forward to your next season to see again...how much stronger you have gotten!!

WOOOOO HOOOO!!