11.16.2008

Spin me 'Round

Friday night I finally bit the bullet and actually got on the trainer. The DVD player is not in the garage where the trainer is, so no Spinervals, just me and my music. As much as I was dreading it, I actually had a fun time. I shouldn't admit this, but I haven't been on my tri bike since September. I did cadence drills and intervals and I was literally dripping in sweat when John cam home. I started to remember how much I like biking. Saturday, I woke up a little saddle sore and with a sore neck from being in the aero position. Ah yes, the joys of being back in the saddle.

This morning, John and I did at least 8 miles out at WyCo and it was a beautiful day. We saw no less than 6 other runners, several of which were other Trail Nerds we met in the parking lot afterwards. I love running out there. It's like belonging to a secret society. All we need is a handshake.

Now I am making brunch for John and I. Eggs with green peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes, along with roasted baby red potatoes. Man, am I starving!

No comments: