10.20.2011

All dressed up

Just a quick post before Kelly and I leave for Austin.  Thelma is sporting some new wheels.  No, I can't afford 404s, they're rentals from Cycle City.  But don't she look purty?

There's been a few last-minute changes.  The run course was changed to a 3 loop course due to the drought in Texas.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The high is now 88 (the average high is 78) and I know how I feel about that.  My friend Erin is flying to Dallas to make the drive back with me, which is awesome since it really wouldn't be safe for me to drive solo 12+ hours the day after a 70.3.

Recently, I saw a Prefontaine poster with one of his many quotes: "The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die."  While I know it's a little over-dramatic, since I've been training for a PR I think a suicide pace just might be what's in store, at least it will feel that way on lap #3 on the run.  That is, if you'd consider a 9 min/mile a suicide pace. :)

See you after Austin!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Good luck in Austin! Suicide pace sounds great to me. I will be rooting you on from Colorado!