5.18.2011

What next?

I find myself asking this question a lot. Sure, I signed up for the Wakarusa Off Road Challenge, but that is in September. I'm planning on the KC 1/2 Marathon, but I haven't actually signed up for that one yet. And I'm starting to get a little stir crazy. I need a race, some speed, some adrenaline, something.

So what next? Any suggestions? I've been talking with a few friends about a 12-hr adventure race in northern WI in July. A friend suggested a Oly-distance tri in July as well. Since starting the Run Less, Run Faster training program, I'm thinking about a 5k or 10k to try to set a new PR since mine are old and crappy. I'd still like to try a road bike race at some point, but my biking base is embarrassing. I'd also be up for a mtn bike ride/race, but I'm probably not technically good enough for that yet.

I'm still undecided. I'm hesitant since I'm still getting back into shape. I'll admit I like to race for PRs and knowing where I am now versus where I was last year is disheartening. But I'll get back there eventually. Maybe a 5k is a good starting point.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Go with what will make you happy!