5.10.2011

New Wheels! Again!!

I'd like to introduce my newest set of wheel - Moxie! Moxie is a 2010 Specialized Myka Elite Sport. And for the first time in my life, I was able to buy a bike off the shelf, in my size, and on sale! It doesn't get much better than that.

Until I rode Moxie around, I didn't realize that my neighbor's bike I had been borrowing was a men's 17.5" bike. I bought a 17" women's bike. Here's the differences between a men's and women's bike.


  • Dropped top tube - lower stand over height

  • Reach to the front end is shorter

  • Handle bars are narrower (for narrower shoulders)

  • Smaller grips (smaller hands)

  • Women's sized shocks (require less force to activate)

In short, she's a whole helluva lot easier for me to handle. And since she was on sale, I actually bought up a model and got an extra gear, hydraulic disc breaks, and a lighter aluminum body compared to the Myka Disc Sport. I am a true believer in the benefits of a women's bike. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. John and I went up to Smithville to ride this weekend and I had a blast. I can't wait to get back out on the trails!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Yay, for new wheels and ones that fit you!