7.05.2010

Italy trip

No matter where the vacation, it's always good to come home. Unfortunately, I didn't get any running in. There was only one road that led into or out of the area we were staying at, and if you've ever been to the Itlaian countryside, you know the roads are narrow, winding, and dangerous. The beaches were rock, not sand and interrupted by large outcroppings. We did hike 8-10 miles up Monte Conero, but that was the only exercise we did.

On the bright side, I am totally relaxed and refreshed, even with the long flight back. One bag didn't show up (with 6 bottles of wine in it) but it arrived yesterday, fully intact and with all the contents.





Now that vacation is over, it's time to focus on other things. I signed up for Redman before we left, so on my list today is to sit down and make a training plan.

I'm also looking into holistic eating, after reading an article in Triathlete. I need to do some research and get recipes, but John is also on board. My plan is to slowly replace meals over a 2 week period and then do a full 30 days. It's going to be expensive and require a lot more planning, but I think it will be worth it. I will definitely be posting more on this to come. Any experience/insights/recipes are welcome!

1 comment:

Christi said...

Wow, what great pics! Italy looks very gorgeous. I am glad to hear that you are rested and relaxed!