6.09.2009

Boise Bound!


Tomorrow morning we leave and I'm excited! I have Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday to relax and get organized. I spent my lunch time today looking up restaurants to try and getting info on what is close to our hotel. I did have a little bit of drama at the LBS picking up my bike. Trek Store of Kansas City, I am done with you. I will be taking my business elsewhere.
But I refuse to leave on a sour note. Actually, I am honestly excited. We have a lot of time to relax before the race, and that's not usual. It will be a nice change of pace not to have to work the days before, rush to packet pick up after work, and wake up at the crack of dawn for the race.

John has looked up some local trails and I'm a little bummed I won't be running with him. Another trip, I guess. How many miles do you think I could run and still technically "taper"? It's tempting but I know it's not wise.

The weather looks OK. Temps are good, but there is a 30% chance of T-storms on Saturday. Only 30%, so my fingers are crossed that they will blow through.
All I want on this trip is to finish my race and have fun. The last few months have been hectic and stressful and I want to enjoy this trip. I can choose to be stressed or I can choose to enjoy life for what is it. I choose fun!

1 comment:

Patricio said...

You'll do GREAT! Have a fantastic race! Looking forward to the RR and pics :)