6.26.2008

Slacker

Since the 1/2, I've only managed a few workouts and I'm feeling a little lazy. On the flip side, we're been moving into our house and doing work on the remodel, so it's not like I'm sitting on the couch at night. I'm trying to decide what races I want to do next, but I also really need to work on the hosue so we're not living in a construction zone.

I could use about 6 more hours every day.

Tonight I'm planning on a 30+ mile ride. That should get me back in the swing of things. It'll be hot, too - temps in the 90s. Since the Tornado Alley ride is July 12 and during the day, I figure I need to get used to the weather. I just have a hard time pulling myself away from the house when I know there's work to be done.

I'm hoping that over the course of the next year I can drop about 5 pounds permanently, and then next race season drop another 5. I eat well most of the time, I just need better portion control. And to lay off the ice cream. So now I've said it - I'm going to lose those last 5 pounds for good. I think next I'll have to come up with a list of goals for next year's racing season. This year I want to get in a few more races, but with life moving at the speed of light, I can't train as much as I'd like. I figure I have my whole life to race. My husband is tired of being a widow, as well. Once we move back in together, he'll probably look forward to my 2+ hour workouts so he has the house to himself.

No comments: