3.13.2012

Mmmm...

I have a new plan for beating my usual case of the Mondays and that is 1) Not working out 2) Walking with Kelly and Meeka 3) Cooking real food.  Last night I cooked and it looked and tasted too good not to share.


Are you hungry yet?
 I made chicken pesto with asparagus, peppers, and sun dried tomatoes over whole wheat pasta.  It was awesome.

Rough quantities:
1 1/2 chicken breast
1 bunch asparagus
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 jar sun dried tomatoes
8 oz. pasta.

Grill the chicken (I used our pannini press) and cook pasta.  Heat oil from tomatoes in a large pan to med.  Cook the veggies in the oil until brightly colored.  Drain pasta.  Toss all ingredients with pesto.  Top with Parmesan and serve.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Thanks for posting the recipe...I wish I hadn't filled up on Erin's eggplant cause this looked amazing, colorful, and healthy!