1.18.2011

Snow Shoeing at Prairie Center

John and I took our snow shoes out this weekend for the first time. I should preface this by saying that we both got sick. Again. This time it was a chest congestion, fever, runny nose, and wicked headache we brought back from San Diego. We're both feeling better now, but I still have a little bit of a cough left.

So long story short, I wasn't feeling up for more than one loop around Prairie Center. It was a lot of fun, but I was huffing and puffing and my heart rate was through the roof for an easy effort. Oy vey. Feels like starting from scratch.

I'm hoping the snow sticks around a little bit long so I can go out again. It was an awesome break from running this time of year. Maybe next year I'll look for a snow shoe race...


1 comment:

Christi said...

Snowshoeing is great.