4.04.2010

Perfection

I have never had a ride of over 30 miles that I really, really enjoyed.  Rides of 40 miles and longer always just felt like something that I just had to do.  Until yesterday.  MO and I rode 50 miles and it was damn near perfection.  Between good company, perfect weather, and a new saddle, I couldn't believe how great it was.  We were 25 miles south of Kansas City, starting to head back and I realized that there was not a single other place I'd rather be.  It was just the perfect way to spend the morning and it was perfect for my last long ride before NOLA.  If every ride were like that, I wouldn't own a car.

2 comments:

Christi said...

That is so great to hear! We all strive for that perfect ride. I am so glad you got one this week!

Sam said...

Excellent!! I've been riding my bike just about everyday lately (instead of driving)and I think I'm enjoying riding even more now!

Congrats on grt ride and GRT GRT luck at NOLA although you won't need it, you'll a strong athlete!!!