4.16.2012

Everybody Poops

Today was one of those days where I had to make the decision between running and getting to a bathroom quicker or walking and hoping that I didn't crap myself in public.

Mile 1.7:  "Kelly, I need to walk a little.  My stomach is upset."

Mile 1.85:  "I need to slow down."

Mile 1.89 and clenching my cheeks:  "Hold on.  Maybe it will pass."

It didn't pass and I ducked into a church to find a bathroom because I didn't think I could make it another quarter mile to the shopping center.  I was probably right.  Lucky for me 1) I have a very understanding running partner that didn't seem too upset that we had to stop and walk less than 2 miles in the run and 2) the church had a map to the closest bathroom.

Close call.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I do not like those moments at all!