7.13.2011

USAT AG Nationals? What??




I logged in to USAT today to print out a temporary card for my race this weekend, and this was the page that greeted me! Huh? OK, I'll be honest, I really had no idea what it takes to qualify and I'm still not exactly sure if this is a big deal. I had to do a little bit of research on Nationals.




For USAT Nationals, in special events, the top 33% of the AG qualifies. For other sanctioned, pre-determined events, the top 10% qualifies. I qualified at Redman, but I was 3rd in my AG, which was the top 15% since it was a small field. So I think they opened up the field to a roll down, which is why I only recently figured out I qualified. Although, to be honest, if I had been emailed with the notification I probably deleted it anyway.




Anyway, it's the first Nationals I qualified for. And in other news, today I received official notification the I am a licensed Professional Structural Engineer (in the state of Nebraksa). Since I celebrated passing my tests with a registration for Austin 70.3 (oh yeah, I need to update on that) I decided that signing up for Nationals for receiving my official license number was appropriate.




When is Nationals, you ask? August 20th, which only gives me about 3 weeks to really train. But let's be honest, it's not like I was expecting to go to Nationals or consider that my "A" race for the year.




I'm loving life right now and everything seems to be coming up roses. More details to come! Shelley says I should buy a lotto ticket! But to quote my brother-in-law, "It's better to be good than lucky." Then again, a lotto ticket won't hurt!

Hey Christi! I'll be in CO soon, I'm going to email you about running trails!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Yay, I am so glad you are coming to Colorado! Send that email out and I will hook you up!

Congrats on all the good things that have been coming your way. And yes, go by a lottery ticket! :)

pigtailultrarunner said...

Seriously, buy a lottery ticket.. after I got into WS and was having a super lucky month , I dropped $5 on the Kansas lottery and won $150.00 . If you're feelin' it.. do it! I never actually play the lottery but damn I was on a roll!

Congrats on EVERYTHING!

Sam said...

AWESOME job Sam!!! Go kick some buns!